Self Referral to Health Visiting Service
We will like to introduce you to the health visiting service -Children and Family Health Surrey Service. This is a self referral service and they can be contacted on their advice line 01883 340 922. Their website is www.childrenshealthsurrey.nhs.uk.
The 0-19 teams work with families to identify any health needs early on and to give support with parenting and health advice. Patients will be contacted by the health visiting service at antenatal contact and support will continue when your child goes to school.
Health visitors at the service are registered nurses ,who have completed additional specialist training in public health.
They work closely in partnership with us , midwives, nurseries, schools, and voluntary organisations. The teams also support families in which there are additional health, emotional or social needs and work closely with Surrey Safeguarding Children’s Board to help protect children across Surrey.
Child health drop-ins are also available at Banstead Clinics .Please ring the service to check on the timings and days.
The following are services offered by them which you can access directly ,without needing to go through the GP:
- Positive relationship building with your baby
- 10-14 new baby visit
- 6-8 week review (although you are also encouraged to come to see your GP for this )
- 10-12 month review
- 2 year review (at 27 months)
- Understanding your child’s behaviour
- Safer sleep and your baby
- Infant feeding and breast feeding
- Healthy eating and introducing family foods
- School nursing and special school nursing
- Immunisations school age
- Therapy support
- Community nursing
- Bed wetting / toilet training
- Continuing care
- Emotional wellbeing and mental health support
- Developmental paediatric
Please also check out their YouTube video below about the advice line and health visiting service.
For more information, please visit www.childrenshealthsurrey.nhs.uk/services/health-visiting-service.